Thursday, June 3, 2010

My True Love

Why, why must I marry Demetrius? Is it not my own right to choose whom I marry?

My name is Hermia and my true love is Lysander. Oh, how I love him. My father, Egeus, insisted that I marry Demetrius. He says "He's the right boy for me", "He's perfect". But I do not agree. I believe that Lysander is the right man for me. I know that he is!

Lysander and I plan to run away and be married at his aunt's house. We plan to meet in the enchanted forest later this evening. It will be perfect. We have told no one but with the exception of my good friend Helena. She and I have been close friends since we were very young children. I know that she only wants me to be happy. Oh, how I wish Helena will find true love like me one day.

I know that Helena is in love with Demetrius. She is constanly annoying him by saying "I love thee". Demetrius, unfortunaley does not feel the same towards her. If only he did. It would uncomplicate my situation. I tell Demetrius over and over again that I do not love him and that I love only Lysander but he does not care. He says that he loves me and wants to marry me.

Demetrius has caused me so much pain. Not only is he keeping me apart from my one true love but also the hurt that is has caused in my friendship with Helena. How it must sting to have her ture love want to marry her best friend. It was never my intention to cause her such grief.

I hope that my father will forgive me for not following his demand. I know that in my heart that I am right and that I must marry Lysander. Please forgive me father.

No comments:

Post a Comment